Cutting-edge Foreign Body Detection Equipment
If you’re a food manufacturer, chances are you’re concerned with foreign body detection. Detecting foreign bodies is a key component of any trusted food manufacturer’s quality assurance systems.
The successful detection of foreign bodies is a priority for all food and beverage producers and manufacturers. It involves identifying risks and establishing plant-wide protocols for preventing contamination.
Types of Hazards
There are three main categories of hazard type when it comes to food manufacturing: biological, chemical & physical (for more information: Preventing Physical Contamination of Food).
- Biological: these include certain viruses, bacteria and other pathogenic microorganisms. Detecting biological hazards is not just a priority in meat inspection; it’s extremely important for all food processors.
- Chemical: these include mycotoxins, pesticide residues, industrial and environmental contaminants.
- Physical: these include physical objects such as metal, wood, glass, machine filings and stones, as well as personal effects such as jewellery, buttons, nail fragments, nail varnish and hair.
Technology for Detection of Foreign Particles
Every food product has its own unique technological challenges when it comes to quality inspection and foreign body detection. But no matter what products you manufacture, there are two primary and proven means of foreign body detection in the food industry.
- Metal Detectors: Metal detectors have the ability to find splinters from machinery, fractions of broken cutters and blades, needles, screws or other metal fragments.
- X-Ray Detectors: State of the art X-Ray food inspection systems respond to metal, stone, bone, plastics and even Teflon. While both X-Ray and metal detector systems have the ability to screen the product after the filling procedure, X-Ray detectors have a much broader application and are capable of detecting more types of foreign body.
We supply Eagle PI’s range of food inspection equipment and provide around the clock support to all our customers. Our support service includes equipment training, maintenance, parts supply and a 24-hour helpline for X-Ray customers. That’s what makes us the obvious choice for leading food companies in Australia and New Zealand.